Friday 22 January 2010

Street Art - Slinkachu's Little People




Whilst looking around the net for my favourite Banksy pictures for my earlier topic, i stumbled upon another street artist who caught my attention. The oddly named 'slinkachu' is another UK-based artist, who has become famous for leaving handmade miniature pieces around the streets of London.

With most of his figurines being less than one inch in hight, it is easy to see how passers by would easily walk straight past Slinkachu's micro-creations without even noticing them; a contributing factor in the inspiration behind his pieces.

"I like the idea that almost nobody sees my work. For all of us intentionally or unintentionally ignore much of what surrounds us in a city"



I really like the idea (albeit a little sad) that thousands of people would have walked past, and even trampled these 'little people' without even being aware of their existence. This to my mind illustrates the idea of how small each of us really are, and that in the end, we will have met and spoken to thousands of people, but it will only be a select few who really notice us and know us for who we really are.



if youre interested in finding out more, check out Slinkachu's blog profile at http://www.blogger.com/profile/05557378337280639928


No comments:

Post a Comment